- Eight 1/2 -inch-thick slices pound cake (12 ounces)
- 1/4 cup Galliano or Southern Comfort
- 3/4 cup pine nuts (4 ounces)
- 3/4 cup golden raisins (4 ounces)
- 16 ounces fresh whole-milk ricotta cheese (2 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup wildflower honey
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Using eight 3-by-2-inch ring molds or 8-ounce pineapple cans with both ends removed, cut a round from each cake slice. Set the molds on a baking sheet. Without removing the mold, brush each cake round with 1/2 tablespoon of Galliano.
- In a pie plate, toast the pine nuts for about 7 minutes, or until golden brown. In a small heatproof bowl, cover the raisins with boiling water and let stand until softened, about 5 minutes. Drain the raisins and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, honey, heavy cream, pine nuts and raisins. Spoon 1/2 cup of the ricotta mixture into each mold and spread to form an even layer. Cover and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Set a torte on each plate and carefully lift off the mold. Spoon 3 tablespoons of Zabaglione around each torte and serve.