Ricotta Ice Cream with Honey and Almonds
- SERVINGS: MAKES 1 1/2 PINTS
For an unusual but exceptionally easy dessert, soften a pint of vanilla ice cream, mix it with ricotta and honey, and then refreeze it. You'll want to use a premium brand of ice cream, since the quality of each ingredient is very apparent in this simple dessert.
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup honey
- In a small frying pan, toast the almonds over moderately low heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Or toast them in a 350° oven for 5 to 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Put a large metal bowl in the freezer. Let the ice cream stand at room temperature until just beginning to soften but still frozen. In a food processor, puree the ricotta and honey until smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the freezer and put the ice cream in it. Stir until smooth. Stir in the ricotta mixture. Transfer the ice-cream mixture to a shallow stainless-steel pan and then return it to the freezer, covered, until firm enough to scoop, about 60 minutes. Serve the ice cream topped with the toasted almonds.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.