- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cups fresh ricotta cheese (24 ounces)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- One 10-ounce jar lingonberry jam
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and sugar. Whisk the flour and eggs together; whisk in the butter. Cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the ricotta, sugar and cinnamon.
- In a saucepan, simmer the jam and maple syrup over moderate heat until slightly reduced, 5 minutes.
- Heat two 8-inch nonstick skillets. Spray with vegetable oil spray and add 2 tablespoons of batter to each. Swirl the skillets to distribute the batter and cook over moderate heat until golden brown on the bottom, 1 minute. Flip the crêpes and cook until brown spots appear on the bottom. Transfer the crêpes to a cookie sheet. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 20 crêpes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line another cookie sheet with parchment. On a work surface, spread 2 rounded tablespoons of the filling in the center of each crêpe. Fold each crêpe to form a rectangular packet. Arrange the blintzes on the cookie sheet, seams down. Bake until hot.
- Rewarm the syrup. Place 2 blintzes on each plate. Dust with confectioners' sugar, pour the warm syrup over the blintzes and serve.