- 7 pounds turkey parts, such as wings, thighs and drumsticks
- 16 cups water
- 1 large onion, thickly sliced
- 1 large carrot, thickly sliced
- 1 large celery rib, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a large roasting pan, roast the turkey parts for about 1 1/2 hours, or until well browned; transfer to a large pot.
- Set the roasting pan over 2 burners. Add 3 cups of the water and boil, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the liquid to the pot.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic, salt, several pinches of pepper and the remaining 13 cups of water to the pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to moderately low, cover partially and simmer the stock for about 2 1/2 hours. Strain the stock and skim the fat before using.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.