- 8 pounds turkey parts, such as wings, necks and drumsticks
- 14 cups water
- Reserved turkey neck and giblets (except the liver)
- 1 large onion, thickly sliced
- 1 large carrot, thickly sliced
- 1 large celery rib, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Put the turkey parts in a flameproof roasting pan and roast for about 1 hour, turning occasionally, until well browned. Transfer the turkey parts to a large pot.
- Set the roasting pan over 2 burners. Add 3 cup of the water and boil over moderately high heat, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the liquid to the pot.
- Add the turkey neck and giblets to the pot along with the onion, carrot, celery, garlic, salt, generous pinches of pepper, and the remaining 11 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to moderately low and simmer the stock for about 2 1/2 hours. Strain the stock and skim the fat before using.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.