Rich Five-Spice Glaze
- TOTAL TIME: 5 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 1 1/2 cups
Chinese five-spice powder gives an exotic Asian flavor to this simple glaze for doughnuts.
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot water
- In a medium bowl, mix all of the ingredients except the hot water. Using a handheld electric mixer, beat at low speed until smooth; add the hot water 1 tablespoon at a time until the glaze is thin enough for dipping. Use right away, or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.