Rich and Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10 to 12
A foolproof and perfect make-ahead dish, the secret to these velvety mashed potatoes is mayonnaise.
- 4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Freshly ground white pepper
- In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Add a generous pinch of salt and simmer over moderate heat until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain the potatoes in a colander, shaking off any excess water.
- In the same saucepan, melt the butter in the milk over moderately low heat. Remove from the heat. Press the potatoes through a ricer into the saucepan and mix well. Fold in the mayonnaise, season with salt and white pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.