Rice with Fresh Herbs
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
Rice pilaf reminds Nadia Roden of her grandmother, who would serve a version of it with every meal. This one is especially fragrant and light.
- 3 cups basmati rice (13 ounces), rinsed
- 3 cups chopped mixed herbs, such as flat-leaf parsley, cilantro, chives, dill and tarragon
- 9 medium scallions, finely chopped
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the rice and boil, stirring occasionally, until slightly undercooked, about 10 minutes. Stir in the herbs and scallions and drain in a strainer; the herbs will cling to the rice.
- Return the saucepan to the burner. Add half of the butter and melt it over moderately low heat. Add the rice and the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter, stir gently and season with salt. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Fluff up the rice and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.