- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 3/4 cups toasted rice cereal, preferably Rice Krispies
- 3/4 cup banana chips, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup salted roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment and spray the paper with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and water and bring to a boil over moderately high heat. Cook undisturbed until a deep-amber caramel forms, about 7 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the rice cereal, banana chips, peanuts and baking soda.
- Quickly spread the brittle on the baking sheet, separating it into pieces as much as possible with a spatula. Let cool until hardened, about 45 minutes. Coarsely chop the brittle or break it into clusters and serve.
The brittle can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.