© Lucas Allen
Rhum & Funk
- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN plus 4 hr steeping
- SERVINGS: 1
The specialty at Miami's The Broken Shaker, is this Cocoa Puffs-infused cocktail. "People go crazy for it," says co-owner Elad Zvi.
Slideshow: More Delicious Rum Drinks
- 1 sugar cube
- 2 dashes of orange bitters
- Dash of Angostura bitters
- 2 1/2 ounces Cocoa Puffs Rhum (see Note)
- 1 spiral-cut orange twist, for garnish
- In a chilled rocks glass, muddle the sugar with both bitters and the Cocoa Puffs Rhum. Fill with ice and and stir well. Garnish with the twist.
NotesTo make Cocoa Puffs Rhum, combine 1 1/2 cups Cocoa Puffs cereal and 8 ounces aged rhum agricole in a bowl; let stand at room temperature for 4 hours. Strain into a jar, cover and store at room temperature for up to 1 month. Makes about 8 ounces.