- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free, if preferred)
- 1/2 pound rhubarb
- 1/2 pound fresh strawberries, plus more for garnish
- 1 vanilla bean
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or to taste
- 1 to 2 apples—peeled, cored and shredded
- 1/2 cup yogurt (any preferred kind)
- Chopped pistachios and fresh berries (optional)
How to make this recipe
- Combine orange juice with rolled oats in a large bowl. Mix to combine, cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Slice the rhubarb stalks and strawberries. Cut the vanilla bean open, scrape the seeds out and put into a small saucepan together with the vanilla pod, honey, rosemary and rhubarb and strawberry slices. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, until rhubarb is soft. (You can make it in the evening and leave to further infuse overnight.)
- Add the shredded apples and yogurt to the soaked oat mixture and stir to combine. Distribute between bowls. Top with the strawberry-rhubarb stew, sprinkle with pistachios and fresh berries and drizzle with more honey if desired.
Photo Photo © Anya Kassoff Published April 2014