- 3 1/2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Canola oil, for frying
- Ivor’s Pink Applesauce and sour cream, for serving
- Set a large strainer over a bowl. In a food processor fitted with the shredding disk, shred the potatoes and onion in batches. Add each batch to the strainer and let stand for 5 minutes, then squeeze dry. Pour off all of the liquid in the bowl and add the shredded potatoes. Stir in the flour, eggs, dill, salt and baking powder. Scrape the mixture back into the strainer and set it over a bowl; let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a very large skillet, heat 1/4 inch of canola oil until shimmering. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the potato mixture into the canola oil for each latke, pressing slightly to flatten. Fry over moderate heat, turning once, until the latkes are golden and crisp on both sides, about 7 minutes. Drain the latkes on a paper towellined baking sheet. Serve the latkes hot with Pink Applesauce and sour cream.
Bright, grapefruity and kosher Sauvignon Blanc.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.