Reinvented Russian Dressing
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 1 1/4 cups
- 4 sun-dried tomato halves
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 3 cornichons, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 teaspoons minced tarragon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a bowl, cover the sun-dried tomatoes with boiling water. Let stand until softened, 20 minutes. Drain the tomatoes, reserving 2 tablespoons of the soaking liquid.
- In a food processor, puree the yogurt, sun-dried tomatoes and the reserved soaking liquid with the oil, vinegar and ancho chile powder. Scrape the dressing into a bowl. Stir in the cornichons, onion and tarragon and season with salt and pepper.
Two Tablespoons 25 cal, 1 gm fat, 0.2 gm sat fat, 2 gm carb, 0 gm fiber.
Serve on romaine lettuce, as a crudité dip or spread on fish before broiling.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.