- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 redfish or striped bass fillets, with scales still on (about 2 1/2 pounds) and pin bones removed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 475°. Lightly oil a large rimmed baking sheet. Lay the redfish fillets, skin side down, on the baking sheet and brush them with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Sprinkle with the crushed red pepper and season with salt and pepper. Roast the redfish fillets on the bottom rack of the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the flesh flakes with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the parsley and garlic with the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the fish to a platter, drizzle with the parsley-garlic oil and serve with lemon wedges.
These oven-roasted fish fillets with Provençal notes would be delicious with a citrusy New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.