- 10 small red-skinned potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 10 small Yukon Gold or white new potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 10 small blue potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Using a mandoline or sharp knife, slice the potatoes 1\8 inch thick. Put each kind of potato in a separate bowl of cold water.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil with the vinegar and season with salt and pepper. In a medium saucepan, cook the red potatoes in boiling salted water until just tender, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking; remove and pat thoroughly dry. Put the potatoes in a medium bowl, add 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and toss. Repeat the process first with the white potatoes, then with the blue.
- Arrange the potatoes on a large platter, keeping the 3 kinds separate. Drizzle with some of the remaining vinaigrette and serve.
The potato salad can be refrigerated for up to 4 hours. Bring to room temperature before serving.