Red Snapper Poached in Spicy Tequila Marinade
- SERVINGS: 4
- 4 cups fish stock
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 2 serrano chile peppers, cut in half
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 sprigs flat-leaf parsley
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 six-ounce red snapper filets
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Put everything but the fish, salt and pepper into a medium skillet. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes and reduce the heat to a simmer. 2. Season the snapper filets on both sides with salt and pepper. Place filets into the poaching liquid and cook to medium-well doneness, about 6 to 8 minutes.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.