Red Snapper Ceviche
- TOTAL TIME: 55 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Chef Allen Susser prefers to use firm white-fleshed fish like red snapper and grouper, as well as conch and rock shrimp, for ceviches, because they keep their shape well. "Dice the fish into uniform pieces, so they cook evenly in the citrus juice," he advises.
- 1 pound skinless red snapper fillets, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup finely diced yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 thinly sliced small red onion
- 1 minced small garlic clove
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, toss the diced fish with the lime juice, lemon juice, jalapeño, red and yellow bell peppers, red onion, garlic, cumin, crushed red pepper and season with salt. Refrigerate the snapper ceviche for 30 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and extra-virgin olive oil and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.