- 6 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 sticks (1/2 pound) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups warmed milk
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground pepper
- Put the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Add a large pinch of salt and boil, uncovered, over moderately high heat, until fork tender, about 25 minutes. Drain the potatoes and return to the pot.
- Shake the pot over moderately high heat to dry the potatoes. Off the heat, lightly mash the potatoes. Add the butter and milk and mash until incorporated. Stir in the scallions, season with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.