- About 9 ounces blanco tequila
- 15 ounces tomato juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 jalapeño (with seeds for a spicier drink)
- 3 ounces fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 ounces hot sauce
- 7 ounces fresh orange juice
- 1 1/4 ounces fresh lime juice
- In a large container, combine all of the ingredients except the tequila and stir until the salt is dissolved. Let stand for 15 minutes (30 minutes for a spicier drink). Discard the jalapeño and refrigerate the sangrita until chilled, about 2 hours. Stir well and pour into rocks glasses. Serve with shots of tequila alongside.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.