- 1 cup French green lentils, rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 thyme sprig
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 onion
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 celery rib, minced
- 1 carrot, minced
- 1/2 cup red quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound cauliflower, coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped Marcona almonds
- Put the lentils in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Add the bay leaf, thyme sprig, garlic and onion and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderately low heat until the lentils are tender, about 18 minutes. Drain and discard the bay leaf, thyme, garlic and onion. Wipe out the pot.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil to the saucepan. Add the shallot, celery and carrot and cook over low heat until softened, about 8 minutes. Add the quinoa and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes. Add the stock, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat until the grains are tender and plump and the liquid is absorbed, about 18 minutes. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Add the cauliflower and cook over moderately high heat until lightly browned in spots, about 5 minutes. In a large bowl, toss the lentils with the quinoa, cauliflower, parsley and almonds. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot or at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.