- The Ultimate Savory Pie Crust dough (see note)
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 medium red potato, very thinly sliced, preferably on a mandoline
- 1 Granny Smith apple—halved, cored and very thinly sliced, preferably on a mandoline
- Melted unsalted butter, for brushing
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 large egg beaten with 1 tablespoon of water
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a 12-by-16-inch rectangle; transfer to the baking sheet. Fold the dough edge over itself to form a 1/2-inch border all around and pinch the corners together. Refrigerate until firm.
- Spread the crème fraîche and pecorino over the dough; top with overlapping slices of the potato and apple in rows. Brush with butter, sprinkle with thyme and season with salt and pepper. Brush the edges with the egg wash.
- Bake the galette in the bottom third of the oven for 25 minutes, or until the edges are slightly puffed. Cut into squares; serve warm or at room temperature.