- 3 red bell peppers (1 1/2 pounds), finely diced (1/8 inch)
- 2 Anaheim chiles (6 ounces), finely diced (1/8 inch)
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- One 3-ounce pouch of liquid pectin (do not use low-sugar pectin)
How to make this recipe
- In a large saucepan, combine the bell peppers, Anaheims, sugar, vinegar and salt and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the peppers are softened, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high and quickly stir in the pectin. Boil for 1 minute, then remove from the heat. Using a wooden spoon, stir the mixture just until the foam subsides, then immediately ladle the jelly into a heatproof bowl or jars. Let cool completely, then cover and refrigerate until set, at least 12 hours.
The red pepper jelly can be refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.