Red Pepper Hummus with Hot Paprika
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6 to 8
Using jarred roasted red peppers makes this hummus super-easy and fast. A generous sprinkle of hot paprika and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil are all that are needed to dress it up.
Slideshow: Great Party Dips
- Two 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained
- 2 roasted red peppers from a jar, drained and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Hot paprika, for garnish
- Pita chips, for serving
- Endive spears, for serving
- In a food processor, combine the chickpeas with the red peppers, tahini, garlic and cumin and puree to a chunky paste. Scrape down the side of the bowl. Add the lemon juice and the 1 tablespoon of olive oil and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Scrape the hummus into a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle hot paprika on top. Serve with pita chips and endive spears.
Make Ahead The hummus can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.