Red Pepper and Endive Slaw with Soppressata
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 large red bell peppers, very thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 large Belgian endives (about 1 pound total), cored and thinly sliced crosswise
- 3 ounces thick-sliced soppressata, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup shredded basil
- In a large bowl, mix the vinegar with the shallot and let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk in the mustard, then slowly whisk in the olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Add the red peppers, endives, soppressata and basil and toss to combine. Season the salad with salt and pepper, transfer to a bowl and serve.
The spicy salami suggests an herby Cabernet Franc from France's Loire Valley.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.