- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 12
Red miso is made from soybeans fermented with barley or other grains. It adds a deep, savory flavor to these buttery carrots.
- 3 pounds carrots, sliced on the bias 1/3 inch thick
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup red miso paste
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions (about 6)
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a large pot of salted boiling water, blanch the carrots until barely crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- In a medium roasting pan set over a burner, heat the oil. Add the carrots and cook over high heat, stirring once, until lightly browned in spots, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the miso with the butter, brown sugar and half of the scallions to form a paste. Add the miso butter to the carrots and toss until coated.
- Roast the carrots for about 20 minutes, stirring once, until tender and glazed. Stir in the remaining scallions. Transfer the carrots to a bowl and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.