© Marcus Nilsson
Red Miso Buttercream
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 1 1/2 cups
This sweet buttercream with red miso and minced fresh lemon verbena is surprisingly delicious on chocolate-chip cookies.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon red miso
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon very finely chopped fresh lemon verbena
- In a medium bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the butter with the red miso at medium speed until smooth. Beat in the confectioners’ sugar and vanilla extract. Then stir in the lemon verbena and serve.
Make AheadThe miso buttercream can be refrigerated for up to 5 days; allow to soften at room temperature before serving.