- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon red miso
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon very finely chopped fresh lemon verbena
How to make this recipe
- In a medium bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the butter with the red miso at medium speed until smooth. Beat in the confectioners’ sugar and vanilla extract. Then stir in the lemon verbena and serve.
The miso buttercream can be refrigerated for up to 5 days; allow to soften at room temperature before serving.