- 1 cup red lentils
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken, diced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- Thoroughly rinse the red lentils in a fine-holed colander. Set aside.
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and then stir in the onions, carrots, and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes or until the carrots begin to soften.
- Stir in the chicken and curry powder. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until the chicken is browned.
- Stir in chicken stock and fish sauce and bring to a moderate boil. Reduce heat and stir in the lentils. Stirring occasionally, cook on a gentle simmer for 20 minutes, or until lentils are soft.
Serve with rice and/or naan.