© Tina Rupp
Red Grape & Coconut Refresher
- SERVINGS: makes 1 drink
Kittichai • New York City
Top bar chef Albert Trummer, who makes many of his own mixers, is the cocktail consultant at this elegant Thai restaurant in SoHo.
- 12 seedless red grapes, plus 4 halved grapes
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 2 ounces vodka, preferably Ciroc
- 2 ounces unsweetened coconut water
- Crushed ice
- 2 ounces chilled Champagne
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the 12 whole red grapes with the brown sugar. Add the vodka, coconut water and halved grapes. Stir and pour—don't strain—into a highball glass over crushed ice, then top with the Champagne.