Red Curry Roasted Carrots with Ginger and Garlic
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 6
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 pound carrots, cut crosswise on the diagonal 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon julienned fresh ginger
- 1 large garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a 1 1/2-quart shallow baking dish, combine the oil, butter and curry paste. Add the carrots, ginger and garlic, season with salt and toss to coat the carrots. Add the water and cover the dish tightly with foil. Roast the carrots for 30 minutes, or until just tender. Remove the foil and roast for about 10 minutes longer, or until the carrots are lightly browned in spots and the liquid in the dish has evaporated. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.