- 2 tablespoons coconut or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- Two 15-ounce cans pure pumpkin puree (or 4 cups fresh roasted pumpkin)
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- One 15-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
How to make this recipe
Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven or stockpot. Sauté the onion over medium-high heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and continue to cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
Carefully stir in the pumpkin, stock, coconut milk, honey, curry paste and salt. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat to medium and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the soup has thickened. Stir in the lime juice. Puree using an immersion or stand blender until very smooth.
Serve the soup in bowls and garnish with the cilantro.