Red Curry-Peanut Sauce
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 1 1/2 cups
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened peanut butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- In a medium saucepan, heat the peanut oil. Add the shallot and garlic and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the curry paste and whisk for 1 minute. Add the brown sugar and cook until melted. Whisk in the peanut butter, then slowly whisk in the coconut milk. Simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the lime juice and fish sauce. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.