Red Curry-Lime Chicken Wings
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
Tyler Florence transforms basic chicken wings by baking them until they're crispy, then tossing them in a butter flavored with lime juice, honey and hot Thai red curry paste. As he says, "The sauce is so delicious you'll be licking your fingers and going for an extra stack of napkins."
- 4 pounds chicken wings, tips discarded, wings separated into 2 pieces
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice and finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Preheat the oven to 475°. Spread the wings on 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss. Bake the wings for about 40 minutes, or until browned and crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, blend the butter with the curry paste, honey, lime juice and zest and soy sauce. When the wings are done, transfer them to the bowl and toss with the butter until well coated. Transfer the wings to a platter and serve.
A Chardonnay from Australia's McLaren Vale will have the zingy acidity to complement these buttery wings, which are less spicy than you'd expect.