- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 pounds chicken drumettes (upper portion of the chicken wing)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450° and position a rack nearest the top. In a large bowl, whisk 1/2 teaspoon of the red curry paste with the oil. Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Spread the chicken on a large rimmed baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes, turning once, until cooked through and just starting to brown. Remove from the oven; preheat the broiler.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the coconut milk, fish sauce, brown sugar and the remaining 2 1/2 teaspoons of red curry paste and bring to a boil. Cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a large bowl. Add the coconut-curry sauce and toss to coat. Pour off any excess fat on the baking sheet. Return the chicken to the baking sheet, pouring any excess sauce over it. Broil for 5 minutes, turning once, until browned. Transfer the chicken to a platter and serve with lime wedges.
Floral, malty pale ale, such as Deschutes Brewery's Mirror Pond.