- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes about 4 1/2 cups
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 1/2 pound fresh chorizo, removed from the casings and crumbled
- 1/4 cup ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- One 1 4 1/2-ounce can chopped tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a saucepan, heat the oil. Add the garlic and onion and cook over moderate heat until softened, 5 minutes. Add the beef and chorizo and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until browned, about 5 minutes. Add the ancho chile powder and cayenne and cook over low heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and their juices and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Season the chili with salt and pepper.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.