- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 dried New Mexican chiles
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 jalapeño, preferably red, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a small skillet, toast the cumin seeds over moderately low heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool, then grind to a powder in a mortar or spice grinder.
- In a mini processor, blend the cumin, chiles, cilantro, jalapeño, shallot, garlic and rice vinegar. With the machine on, add the oil until the vinaigrette is emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
One Tablespoon Calories 48 kcal, Total Fat 5.2 gm, Saturated Fat 0 gm.