© Tina Rupp
Red Berry Shrub
- SERVINGS: Makes 1 Drink
"Shrub" refers both to a syrup made from fruit, sugar and vinegar and to a drink made with said syrup. The vinegar, says bartender Jennifer Colliau, acts as "a lovely, unusual acidifier," replacing the citrus juice typically found in cocktails.
- 2 tablespoons sour cherry preserves
- 8 raspberries, plus 3 raspberries skewered on a pick for garnish
- 1/2 ounce raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 ounce Simple Syrup
- 6 ounces chilled club soda
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the club soda and garnish and shake well. Pour through a fine strainer into a chilled collins glass. Stir in the club soda and garnish with the skewered raspberries.