- 6 large roasted red bell peppers from a jar
- 4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 packet liquid pectin (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- In a blender or food processor, puree the red peppers. Transfer the puree to a large saucepan. Add the sugar, vinegar, lemon juice and cayenne. Bring to a simmer over moderately high heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved, about 8 minutes. Reduce the heat to moderately low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in the pectin. Bring to a boil and stir constantly for 1 minute. Pour the jam into 4 sterilized 8-ounce jars. Cover tightly and let cool for 45 minutes, then refrigerate.
Make AheadThe jam can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.