- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds red pear-shaped tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 pounds yellow pear-shaped tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons oive oil
- 1 tablespoon Home Spice Mix
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
In a medium nonreactive saucepan, bring the vinegar to a simmer over moderate heat. Add the onions and garlic, cover and simmer until the onions begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a bowl to cool.
In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes with the onion mixture, basil, olive oil and Home Spice Mix. Season with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.
Internal Server Error