- 2 1/2 pounds beef shin or other meaty beef bones
- 1 large red onion, quartered
- 1 large carrot, quartered
- 1 medium celery rib, halved lengthwise
- 3 sprigs flat-leaf parsley
- Combine all the ingredients in a stockpot or large saucepan. Add 9 cups of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat and simmer for 2 hours, skimming occasionally. Strain the broth into a large bowl. Skim the fat from the surface of the broth before using.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.