Raw Asparagus Salad with Tomatoes and Hard-Boiled Eggs
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
The key to this simple salad is slicing the raw asparagus thinly, so it takes on the flavor of the lemony marinade.
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- One 2-ounce can anchovy fillets, drained
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound asparagus, woody ends discarded and stalks thinly sliced diagonally
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a blender, combine the lemon juice with the scallions, anchovies and garlic and puree until nearly smooth. With the machine on, gradually add the olive oil until emulsified. Season the dressing with salt and pepper. Transfer one third of the dressing to a serving bowl and toss with the asparagus. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, cover the eggs with water and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat, cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain and cool the eggs under cold running water. Peel the eggs and pat dry, then quarter lengthwise and season with salt and pepper.
- Fold the tomatoes into the asparagus; season with salt and pepper. Arrange the eggs on top and serve, passing the remaining dressing at the table.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.