- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound asparagus, peeled and very thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 fennel bulb—halved, cored and very thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 red endives—halved, cored and torn into large pieces
- 3 ounces Berkswell or young pecorino cheese, thinly shaved
- 2 tablespoons capers
How to make this recipe
In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Add the asparagus, fennel, endives, cheese and capers, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Transfer to a platter and serve.
The dressing can be refrigerated overnight.
Citrus-driven New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.