© Lucy Schaeffer
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: makes 1 dozen scones
Erin McKenna developed the recipe because of a single determined customer who came to BabyCakes NYC every day asking, "Do you have scones yet?"
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, whisk the spelt with the baking powder and salt. Stir in the oil, agave nectar and vanilla. Stir in the hot water, then the raspberries.
- Scoop 12 mounds of batter 1/3 cup each onto the prepared baking sheet and lightly brush the tops with oil. Bake the scones for 20 minutes, or until golden. Let the baking sheet cool completely on top of a rack.
NotesOne Scone 159 cal, 25 gm carb, 7 gm fat, .4 gm sat fat, 3 gm protein, 4 gm fiber.