- SERVINGS: MAKES 36 FIRECRACKERS
For a simpler stuffing, fill each wonton skin with three small whole raspberries.
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 36 wonton skins
- 3 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Ginger Caramel Sauce
- In a small bowl, toss the raspberries with the chocolate, sugar and orange zest.
- Place 1 wonton skin on a work surface; keep the remaining skins covered. Place 1/2 teaspoon of the filling in one corner of the wonton skin, roll up diagonally to tightly enclose the filling. Twist the ends in opposite directions and pinch together to form a "firecracker." Repeat the procedure with the remaining skins and filling.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil to 375°. Fry the firecrackers in batches of 4 at a time until lightly browned, about 1 minute. With a slotted spoon, transfer them to paper towels to drain and cool slightly.
- Dust the firecrackers with confectioners' sugar and serve warm on their own or with the Ginger Caramel Sauce.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.