- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 8
This colorful two-cabbage slaw gets a double dose of fruit flavor from fresh berries and raspberry vinegar. The longer the coleslaw sits, the more intense the berry taste will be.
- Scant 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound green cabbage, thinly sliced
- In a blender or food processor, combine the raspberries, raspberry vinegar and 1 1/2 tablespoons of the tarragon; season with salt and pepper and blend until pureed. With the machine on, add the olive oil in a steady stream.
- In a large bowl, toss the red and green cabbages together; add the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours. Just before serving, stir in the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons tarragon.