- Dry bread crumbs, for dusting
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- Finely grated zest of 3 limes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- 4 figs, cut into eighths, or additional 1/2 pint raspberries
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter a 9-inch springform pan and coat with bread crumbs. In a bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the granulated sugar and eggs at high speed until fluffy, 2 minutes. Beat in the butter and two-thirds of the zest. At low speed, alternately beat in the flour and lime juice until almost incorporated. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the batter until smooth.
Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Gently press in the raspberries and figs. Bake the cake on the bottom third of the oven for 40 minutes. Transfer to the upper third of the oven and continue baking for 35 minutes longer, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean with a few crumbs attached.
Transfer the cake to a rack to cool. Run a thin knife around the edge and release the springform. Dust the cake with confectioners' sugar. Sprinkle with the remaining lime zest, cut into wedges and serve.