- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon agave
- Kosher salt
- Crudités, for dipping
How to make this recipe
In a small nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Scrape the onion into a blender, add the rice vinegar and puree until smooth.
Transfer the puree to a medium bowl and stir in the next 5 ingredients. Season with salt and pepper and serve with crudités.