- 4 ounces ramen noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound broccoli florets, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
How to make this recipe
In a medium saucepan cook the ramen in boiling water until tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and reserve the ramen.
In a large heavy skillet or wok, heat the oil over high heat until hot. Stir in the garlic, ginger, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring constantly until golden, about 3 minutes. Stir in the broccoli and bell pepper along with 1/2 cup water. Cover the skillet and cook until the broccoli is crisp tender, about 5 minutes.
While the vegetables cook, stir together the stock, soy, corn starch and sugar.
Uncover the skillet and stir in the ramen and the stock mixture. Cook, stirring constantly until the liquid is slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve.