Rambutan Curry Paste
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 1/4 CUP
This complex curry blend is also a great seasoning for chicken, shrimp, dumpling fillings and stir-fry sauces.
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon chopped lemongrass
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon shrimp paste
- In a small skillet, combine the crushed red pepper with the coriander, cumin, paprika, pepper, turmeric, cloves and cinnamon. Toast over moderate heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate and let cool.
- In a mortar, pound the cilantro, garlic, lime zest and lemongrass until a puree forms. Stir in the toasted spices, salt and shrimp paste. Scrape into a jar, cover and refrigerate.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.