- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 cups red wine vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
How to make this recipe
- In a bowl, cover the raisins with the warm water and let stand until plumped, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- In a small skillet, toast the pine nuts over moderate heat until fragrant and golden brown, about 4 minutes. Let cool.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the vinegar, sugar, red onion and fennel seeds. Simmer over moderate heat until thickened, about 25 minutes. Pour into a heatproof bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Stir the raisins, pine nuts, grapes and olive oil into the syrup. Season lightly with salt and serve.